Tuesday, May 3, 2011

White Cocoa... What is this all about???

I remember the very first time I tasted a white chocolate bar. I had traveled with my family on vacation to Europe and the Middle East. At some point during the trip, I walked into a convenience store in the city of Ramallah abundant with non-Hershey's chocolate bars (a drastic change, to say the least). I was rather overwhelmed.

The chocolate bars came in flavors and colors I had never been exposed to back in the States. The chocolate bars came in milk, dark, and white with fillings, toppings, and the inclusion of fruits and nuts... something I had never seen back home. Ultimately, I was given the choice to pick exactly one bar to purchase at the convenience store. The eight-year old me chose a white chocolate bar with a tart, strawberry filling. As they say, the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment